The most powerful of all the adhesion testers in the PAT range, model AT101E/80kN is designed particularly for tensile adhesion testing of the strongest thermal sprayed coatings (e.g. arc, plasma and HVOF sprayed). With the Ø25mm (1 inch) test cylinders the certified testing range is 136 MPa/19700 psi which is higher than the tensile strength of the strongest heat-curing adhesive (used for gluing the test elements).
Pull off testing is done in two ways:
1) In accordance with ASTM-C633 (two cylinders glued together) (ASTM-jig is an optional accessory).
2) Pull testing directly on the coated component or on test panels
In addition this adhesion testing machine is used for tensile testing of various materials where strain measurements are not required.
Different test ranges are achieved by using different test element sizes (see table below).
- Portable and simple to use.
- Produces comparable test results both in the laboratory and on site.
- Precision gauge with both MPa (N/mm2) and p.s.i. reading.
- Simple layout of control panel.
- Rate of tensile force increase is infinitely variable between zero MPa/sec (standstill) up to maximum rate (the rate depends on the size test element used).
- 110/230V mains power.
- All AT101E adhesion testing machine models can have the data logging module built in when new or retro-fitted into existing units.
- Testing of coatings on any shaped substrates, e.g. inside and outside pipe surfaces.
- Supplied in solid aluminium case.
|TESTING RANGE AT101E/80kN|
|Test element size||Full Scale||Certified testing range|
|Maximum pull force||80 kN|
|Accuracy||±1% of full scale|
|Power||110 / 230V AC|
|Hydraulic System Drive||Two-step servo motor|
|Weight of testing head||1.7 kg / 59 oz.|
|Weight complete in case||10.2 kg|
|Case Dimentions (W x L x H)||45 x 34 x 15cm – 18 x 14 x 6 inches|
|Complies with:||ISO 4624, EN 24624, ASTM D4541, etc|
|INCLUDED WITH STANDARD MODEL|
|* Automatic hydraulic pump unit with control display|
|* Hydraulic cable|
|* PAT testing head 80kN|
|* Adaptor for mains power|
|* Instrument carry case with protective interior|
|* Calibration Certificate|