The PAT adhesion tester is a versatile and powerful test instrument for pull-off precision measurements of coatings and paint adhesion. The equipment complies with all testing standards relevant to pull-off testing (e.g. ISO 4624, ASTM D4541, EN24624, etc.)
The equipment comes in a range of different versions of which certain models are suitable for typical paint and protective coatings testing.
- Paints and protective coatings normally have strengths which can be measures successfully with PAT model GM01/6.3kN.
- Alternatively, the equivalent strength automatic adhesion tester, AT101E/6.3kN is suitable.
- PAThandy™ 6.3kN palm-held unit is a useful alternative if transport size (e.g. as hand luggage) is critical.
Whether the manual or the automatic testing model is chosen depends on a number of factors like:
- The amount of testing conducted
- Laboratory/site use
- Whether data logging is required
- Personal preferences
- Accuracy required